The flavor of shrooms and magic truffles can be rather intense. Some like the flavor as it could taste like sunflower seed shells or raw almonds with a hint of mushroom. But it could also taste earthy, bitter, and even metallic. Truffles can be even more intense as some strains are very bitter. Those that don’t like the flavor can also try to mask it. And that is why we have invented edibles: a delicious solution to show off your culinary skills as well as being a psychonaut.
How to cook with magic truffles and shrooms
There are a few things that you have to know before you start to cook with shrooms and truffles. One of the most discussed topics about edibles made from magic mushrooms is that the psychoactive substance is broken down when heated. This topic is still debated but a few researchers have shown that the quality of the psilocybin in magic truffles and shrooms decreases after being heated to 75 degrees Celsius.
Just like when you make other edibles with other products, like Cannabis, it is always important to go slow. This means that is easier to control the temperatures during baking and cooking. Another important thing with all edibles is to start with small amounts and eat some more if you don’t have the desired effects after an hour. The potency per batch can be different even when you use the same amounts.
And here are some shroom and truffle edibles recipes
- 500 grams flour
- 250 gram sugar
- 125 gram cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 grams sunfloweroil
- 250 grams pecan nuts, crushed
- 125 grams chopped, pure chocolate
- 4 grams dried shrooms chopped
- Juice of 1 orange
- Sea salt for on top
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and baking powder and stir this together.
- In another bowl you mix the oil and orange juice
- Stir in the wet ingredients in the other bowl and stir in the nuts, shrooms, and chunks of dark chocolate.
- When you have mixed this well, pour this mixture into a baking tray from 20×20 cm
- Pour some sea salt on top and bake for 20 minutes. Allow it to cool and it is ready to eat!
For this recipe, you’ll need a chocolate mold so you can pour the molten chocolate into the mold.
- 1 chocolate bar, whatever you like
- 4 grams of chopped dried shrooms
Melt the chocolate at a low temperature in the microwave, while stirring occasionally until the chocolate has been completely molten. Add in the shrooms and stir again. Pour this now over your chocolate molds and let it cool down in the fridge.
- 4 grams of dried shrooms or magic truffles
- 100 grams of honey
Cut the shrooms or truffles in a coffee grinder until it is a powder. Add this to your honey and it is ready to eat!